Monday, June 15, 2015

Summer Rum Finds



I have been traveling - not searching rums this last trip, but always looking. I have a few things to be=ring up today -- one is a spirit distiller I had missed in our trip through the Carolinas. 
While speaking with Chris Jude at Fair Game, he mentioned Sutlers Spirit Company. I unfortunately did not make a visit there but now that things are more settled, I plan to make contact. 
Going to their Website we find that right now they offer a Gin. I will endeavor to find if Rum is in the plan.
As far as me, we will look at a few other Distillers as Summer progresses. We are planning a trip to Michigan in August so you can be sure we may hit some of our favorites like Northern Latitudes, Grand Traverse Distilling etc. I will share what we find with you at that time. 
I know GTD has expanded their distribution, now having a tasting room, I believe in the main street area of Traverse City. I will find out and check to see if the Rum has hit the shelves, and record a taste!!
In the Summer, Rum makes a real appearance with great summer drinks. Today we are going to offer a couple of drink recipes. Now, I will recommend types of rum - but leave the brand(s) up to you! (Recipes are for One Drink)
We will stick with Spiced Rum for these two..

Ahoy - Captain

  • 1  oz.

    Spiced Rum

  • 3  oz.

    rooibos, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries tea **

  • 1  tbsp

    agave nectar

  • 6  piece(s)

    fresh berries
Tea - Pre-Preperation:
  1. Brew loose tea or tea bag in 6-8 oz. of water.
  2. Brew hot for four minutes and flash-chill, or cold for one hour.
  3. Muddle in fresh berries.
  4. Combine tea with ingredients, shake and pour over ice in a mason jar or coupe glass.
  5. Garnish with fresh berries.

    _________

    Arizona Spiced Tea

    • 1.5  oz.

      Spiced Rum

    • 4.5  oz.

      AriZona® Iced Tea (any flavor)

    • 1  slice(s)

      lemon(s)
     How to Mix:
    1. Pour Spiced Rum into a Highball glass with ice.
    2. Add of your favorite AriZona® Iced Tea flavor.
    3. Stir and garnish with a lemon slice.

      The first takes prep. the second is quick, easy and very good (I have tried that one and highly recommend it!
       




       

No comments:

Post a Comment