Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Serving Rum to Craft Rum Newcomers

This past weekend I had the opportunity to serve some of the craft rums I have to two of my Nieces (yes I am plenty old to have many nieces and nephews old enough to drink -- many with pretty discerning palettes, I might add) who were looking to advance their Rum Experience. Serving sample after sample, judging their responses and trying to lead them toward a brand(s) or type(s) of rum they might enjoy, I found a couple of things.

One:     While they found more than a couple of brands and styles they liked, getting them is the challenge. As much as the Craft Rum Industry has grown, availability is still a problem, getting better, but problematic.

Two:     Convincing people that a blog can help them in their search seems to be more difficult than I thought. As I poured and talked, talked and poured, I found myself constantly referencing RTRR for them to help answer questions and help them expand upon what we talked about. In addition - sending them to a spot where the distributions questions could be answered easily.

I have sat and pondered the happenings and have come to these conclusions. We need to promote Rick, the Rum Runner and make sure it is at the fingertips of anyone into Rum, looking into Rum
and/or just seriously thinking about it. A blog like Rick, the Rum Runner is important to help spread the word. There are tons of rum blogs that include every rum under the sun - and do a great job too, but I thing RTRR is about THE ONLY ONE that consistently follows Craft Rum and Distillers as its sole purpose.

That said -- I'd like to ask a favor. To all the rum distillers out there -- could you PLEASE include on your website - and or social media site a link to RTRR?? I link (or try to) almost every mention of any/all distillers in the body of all my blog posts. In addition we have the "Places You Should Visit" Directory, by State, of Distillers, country-wide. A lil, link back would be appreciated.

I know the link back works as a few Distillers have already done this and those distillers' blog posts turn up consistently high in rankings, month after month. It helps us both -- You by turning you customers and potential customers to an independent  source of more information about your product and it helps me because it allows people easy, quick access. Finally - and most importantly, it helps the new, learning even experienced Rum Enthusiast, find new and additional spirits to enjoy...
I hope to email each and every Distiller we have with a cut and past link to us -- hoping to get them to add it to their page(s).... For you the Drinker --- I hope this helps you in YOUR quest to be a Rum Runner!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment