Tuesday, June 17, 2014

June 17 - 2014 - So many rums....




After looking at Owney's last time I have to say we seem to have a REAL new rum coming on the market.

Roulaison Distilling   @roulaison  

They have (according to their Tradmark information) set up shop in New Orleans. They seem to be moving ahead - I just rent email and tweeted at their site to provide us with some info. I will get that to you as soon ai Can can get it as well. We wish them luck -- and ask only one thing -- GET SOME RUM TO ME TO TASTE!!!.... thank you.
 

We also have, for your approval, Lost Spirits hailing from California (and on our directory as well)... They are a vari-spirited Distiller, Rum is one of their offerings. Using their website to quote from I offer:

"POLYNESIAN INSPIRED"
Rum
NITROGEN DEPRIVED FERMENTATION
GRADE A MOLASSES
WILD BACTERIA BANANA DUNDER
LATE HARVEST RIESLING SEASONED VIRGIN AMERICAN OAK


Sounds good, actually sounds great! I am liking the rums aged in used Wine casks, as teh subtle flavors are just meant to be. 
The names and types of Rums are:
Navy Rum 55
Now before you Poo Poo these as watered down light-weight rums let me tell you... Navy Rum 68 is 68% Cask Strength Rum. Their official title is: Jamaican Inspired High Ester Navy Rum. So using my handy-dadny Alcohol by Volume to Proof computer; we find a 116 PROOF rum, aged in a cask and served to we - the adoring rum drinking public. Never met these people - but this could be love...

They also mention the Navy Run 55 which I am taking to be 110 Proof Rum...
Their distribution is California, New York and Chicago (pardon if I missed any) so it could be available quite a few places - at least by order. I will beg for a small sample to get even more information back to you soon...

Next time we talk vacation plans and maybe rum runs!!


No comments:

Post a Comment